Pages

Saturday, April 18, 2015

Pupcakes!

It is Hadley's first birthday! 
I honestly don't know how people do it...you know, not have a dog.  Getting Hadley was unexpected, irresponsible and one of the best decisions we have made since being married. I swear this dog is my zen. Morning coffee, walks, and car rides are all better with my abnormally petite bodied, huge tongued, touchy feely, big baby boxer. I just love this dog. As much as I swore the day would never come that I would be my mother {the crazy dog lady} the day has arrived and I am embracing it whole heartedly. 
I mean come on guys...look at that face!
In honor of this pup's birthday, I trialed the Bowser's Birthday Cupcake Recipe from The Healthy Hound Cookbook. They definitely weren't my normal cupcakes but birthday girl had no complaints! Next time, I'm thinking I might add applesauce or shredded carrots to the batter.
Peanut Butter Pumpkin Pupcakes
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 egg
¼ cup peanut butter
¼ cup Pumpkin Purée (not pie filling)
1 teaspoon baking soda
4 tablespoons (¼ cup) butter, melted
½ cup water
  1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 6 cupcake tins with baking wrappers.
  2. In a large bowl, combine all cupcake ingredients, mixing thoroughly.
  3. Divide mixture into cupcake tins. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool completely before frosting.
Pupcake Frosting
4 oz. cream cheese
2 tablespoons plain yogurt
2 tablespoons peanut butter

Mix on medium speed until well mixed. Pipe onto cooled cupcakes.
I used shredded carrots to garnish the top!
Happy Birthday little pup! Thank you for bringing so much joy to us this year! Cheers to puppy love!

1 comment :

  1. I need to try to make these for Cooper. Such a wonderful idea Chels!!! <3

    ReplyDelete