Pages

Monday, December 8, 2014

Ombre Rose Cupcakes




College seems like it was SO long ago. A few weekends ago, I had the chance to catch up with two of my college roommates to celebrate one of them at their bachelorette party. We did a wine tasting at a local brewery, played some hilarious games (and I hate games) and of course, ate cupcakes. I had so many memories flash back to me over the course of the night and I cannot wait to see this girl get married later this month!


I wanted to do something super girly for this party so of course, chocolate and flowers came to mind. The cupcake was a chocolate fudge oreo cupcake with a holiday oreo placed at the bottom for extra color and surprise. I crushed oreos into the cake batter and I think the cream made the cupcakes especially soft. I used my go-to vanilla cream cheese frosting for the rose and this tutorial I found on youtube (two-toned rose cupcake) to create the ombre effect. A mint leaf was added to each rose and voila! These cupcakes were so simple and I love how they turned out. Happy bachelorette party, Missy- see you at your big day!




2 comments :